Language Learning Center
The Language Learning Center (LLC) is a state-of-the-art, multimedia, digital language lab. The LLC supports the teaching and learning of languages by assembling language learning technologies and by providing a place where language classes are held, where faculty receive training and support in the use of instructional technology, and where students work on assignments related to their language classes. The facility consists of a lab/classroom, a reception/circulation area, and a media server room. For more information on the lab hours and services, see the LLC webpage.
Books in the TNCC Library
Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and conversation guides
Suggested call number ranges: PC4001-PC4977
Suggested call number ranges: PC4640-PC4669
Links to the TNCC library catalog: Spanish Dictionaries
Want an online Spanish translation dictionary instead? See the "websites" section further down this page.
Fiction and non-fiction in Spanish written at a basic level
Suggested call number ranges: PC4117 (basic-intermediate readers)
Links to the TNCC library catalog:
• Leer en Espanol - Spanish language short novels and stories issues as a series of Spanish language readers.
• Peanuts - Spanish translations of Peanuts cartoon books.
• Graded Spanish readers: Books one through five
• All books tagged with the subject "Spanish language readers"
- Google Translate: though by no means perfect, this online translation tool does a surprisingly good job of converting English to Spanish and vice versa.
- Free online Spanish textbook: open peer-reviewed (free and edited by experts) textbook from the Community College Open Textbook Collaborative.
- Merriam Webster Spanish-English translation dictionary: be sure to select "Spanish-English" from the "Select a reference" menu before searching.
- More Spanish language learning websites from The Internet Public Library.
- Spanish Translator Services - Bilingual resources in English and Spanish including financial and sccounint dictionaries, glossaries, abbreviations & acronyms, temperatures, metrics and currency.
- Verbix - A tool for conjugating verbs in many languages (some still under construction).
- Online translator from Yahoo. This is helpful for single word translations but not for sentences. No computer program can translate syntax, so don't try to use this to write papers!