Use this guide to find information and resources on Microbiology topics. Navigate using the tabs above.
TNCC Librarians are ready to help you with your research needs! Contact the a librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 757-825-2877 for assistance.
Develop a research plan
Develop your research topic.
What are the key concepts of your topic? Can you broaden or narrow your focus? Consider focusing on one or more of the following:
- time period
- specific event
- specific people
Does your topic overlap other subject areas such as anthropology, geography or political science?
Think of 2- 3 questions that you will need to explore.
- Think about the history of your topic, and its categories.
- Who are the key people? What did they do? Why did it happen?
Under each question, think about the following aspects:
- What do you already know about your topic or issue?
- What do you need to learn to better understand your topic or issue?
- What kind of information resource might provide the answer to these questions?
Consider your audience.
- Who will read your paper?
- Why will it be of interest to them?
- What will be new to them?
Technical Services Librarian
Thomas Nelson Community College
What I'm reading this week.:
The Poisoned Pilgrim by Oliver Pötzsch