Language Learning Center
The Language Learning Center (LLC) is a state-of-the-art, multimedia, digital language lab. The LLC supports the teaching and learning of languages by assembling language learning technologies and by providing a place where language classes are held, where faculty receive training and support in the use of instructional technology, and where students work on assignments related to their language classes. The facility consists of a lab/classroom, a reception/circulation area, and a media server room. For more information on the lab hours and services, see the LLC webpage.
Books in the TNCC Library
French grammar, pronunciation, and conversation guides
Suggested call number ranges: PC 2001-3761
Suggested call number ranges: PC2640-PC2669
Links to the TNCC library catalog: French Dictionaries
Want an online French translation dictionary instead? See the "websites" section to the right on this page.
Fiction and non-fiction in French written at a basic level
Suggested call number ranges: PC2117 (basic-intermediate readers)
Links to the TNCC library catalog:
• Peanuts - French translations of Peanuts cartoon books.
• All books tagged with the subject "French language readers"
Search here for items in the TNCC library catalog.
Technical Services Librarian
Thomas Nelson Community College
What I'm reading this week.:
The Zookeepers Wife by Diane Ackerman
- ARTFL Project - Online translating dictionary, verb conjugator, French encyclopedias and more.
- WorldLingo French dictionaries
- French language learning websites from The Internet Public Library.
- Verbix - A tool for conjugating verbs in many languages.
- Google Translate: though by no means perfect, this online translation tool does a surprisingly good job of converting English to French and vice versa.