Whenever you are given the freedom to do so, select a topic that genuinely interests you and/or is relevant to your life. Do a quick inventory:
- What makes you tick? What defines you?
- What problems affect you or someone close to you?
- What do you think the biggest related problem in society is?
You'll want to consider the following issues before you select your topic:
- Will it sustain my interest?
- Does it fit the parameters of my assignment?
- Is credible information on this topic readily available?