Access to computers, software, laptops and other technology.
The Historic Triangle Campus Library offers:
- Laptops that TNCC students can check out for in-library use. (These laptops cannot leave the library.)
The Hampton Campus Library offers:
- Laptops that TNCC students can check out for 48-hour use (48-hour laptops can leave the library).
Two forms of ID are required to check out, one must be a current Thomas Nelson student ID and another must be a government-issued photo ID. Copies of the required Laptop Loan Agreement are available in the Library/LRC. The full policies for the In-Library use and 48-hour use laptops are available online and at the library service desks.
All library laptops are run Microsoft Windows operating system and have Microsoft Office software installed (Word, Powerpoint, etc.). All computers are Wi-Fi capable, but a network connection (such as the campus Wi-Fi, your home Wi-Fi, or other public place that provides wireless internet) is required for internet access.
Other Technology/Media Available for Check Out
(You must present valid/current Thomas Nelson ID card to check out these items)
- Memory card readers
- Kindles (pre-loaded with a variety of popular books)
- Kindle Fire tablets
- Cameras and tripods
- Video cameras
- Headphones with microphone and USB
- External DVD players
- Graphing calculators
The following software is available on Library computers
- Office 2016 (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, OneNote)
- Visio 2016
- Project 2016
- Visual Studio 2015 Professional
- Alice 2.4
- Maple 15
- AutoCAD/Inventor 2017
- QuickBooks 2015
- ArcGIS 10.2
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Assistive Technology
- Natural Speaking 11
- Read & Write Gold 10
- Zoomtext 9.1