HELP YOUR FELLOW STUDENTS!
WORK FLEXIBLE HOURS!
WORK ON CAMPUS!
Peer Tutors must have the ability to:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Document an earned A or B in courses to be tutored with transcripts, if necessary.
- Participate in a hands-on tutoring demonstration for math and foreign language applicants who have not taken recent math and foreign language courses at Thomas Nelson Community College.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with students from all educational levels and cultural backgrounds.
- Exercise patience in all learning situations.
- Maintain tutor/student confidentiality of all academic and personal information.
- Uphold high standards avoiding falsification and cheating.
- Meet with student on a regular basis and arrive on time for scheduled appointments.
- Work during Peer Tutoring's posted hours.
- Coursework completed at Thomas Nelson Community College.
- Previous tutoring experience.
Description of Duties
Under the supervision of the Tutor Zone Coordinator:
- Provide individual tutoring to students requesting academic assistance in college courses.
- Provide group tutoring as needed.
- Accurately complete Peer Tutoring forms.
- Participate in all required tutor training and workshops.
- Assist with routine office procedures as needed.
- Dress appropriately (wear clothing that does not distract from the learning process).
Please note: Students are not eligible to be tutors in their first semester at Thomas Nelson. Exceptions can be made for students holding degrees from other institutions.